- 500g sweet potato, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 stalks of spring onion, sliced
- 4 tbsp potato starch/cornstarch
- 2 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Sunflower oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp brine from Gaga’s Dill Pickle Kraut
- 1 tsp dried dill
- Gaga’s Dill Pickle Kraut
- Lemon and fresh chives, to serve.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the sweet potato, spring onion, cornstarch, dill and salt and leave for 2-3 minutes. Take handfuls of the mixture and squeeze as much liquid out as you can. Add the gluten-free flour and mix lightly. Heat 1cm of sunflower oil in a large frypan for shallow-frying. Form little balls of potato mixture (about 1/3 cup) and flatten between your palms before placing into the hot oil. Fry for 2-3 minutes before flipping and frying for a further 2 minutes. Drain on some paper towel. In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, kraut brine and dill. Top each latke with a small smear of the mayonnaise, some Gaga’s Dill Pickle Kraut and freshly chopped chives. Serve with lemon and enjoy!