Raw Kimchi & Vegetable Sunflower Seed Sushi
- 2 cups sunflower seeds, soaked overnight (or at least 2 hours)
- 2 tablespoons Gaga's apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 nori sheets
- 4 tbsp Gaga’s Power Kraut vegan kimchi
- 1 small carrot, sliced into ribbons
- 1 small cucumber, sliced into ribbons
- 4 small handfuls broccoli sprouts
- 1⁄2 avocado, sliced
Drain the sunflower seeds and place in a food processor with the apple cider vinegar, tamari/coconut aminos and water. Blend well until the mixture becomes paste-like. It is ok to still have some chunks of sunflower seeds as this will give the mixture a bit more texture. If the mixture is not blending, you may need to add a
little extra water.
Place the nori sheets onto sushi roll mats and divide the mixture evenly between the four sheets. Press the mixture down evenly on each sheet, leaving about a 2-inch gap at one end of each nori sheet.
Place a handful of broccoli sprouts, some sliced avocado, carrot ribbons, cucumber ribbons and a tablespoon of the kimchi in the center of each nori sheet.
Using the sushi roll mat, slowly roll up the sushi. If you don’t have a sushi roll mat, you can roll it up by hand.
Use a sharp knife to cut the sushi rolls into 5-6 pieces. Serve immediately with some tamari on the side.